Laptop modem for the Mac (PCMCIA)
Firmware Update Instructions
Warning: The firmware update process must not be interrupted during the update, otherwise your i-Burst modem may be rendered unusable. Please ensure your laptop computer is plugged into the power supply, and ensure your computer is not running other software which may interfere or conflict with the firmware update process.
If you are using a PCMCIA card modem (UTC), it must be inserted into the laptop in order to perform the firmware update.
The firmware update is achieved by running an executable file whilst the modem is connected to the computer.
Double click on the appropriate .exe file and follow the setup instructions.
- The first window will require you to replace the current firmware with the latest version. Click the NEXT button to proceed.
- The second window will require you to accept the user license agreement. Please click on the button at the bottom of the window which states 'I accept the terms of the product license agreement...' Click the NEXT button to proceed.
- The third window will require you to click the NEXT button to confirm the upgrade installation.
- The fourth window will require you to tick all the boxes and make sure each request has been completed. Once you have ticked off all the boxes, please click the NEXT button to proceed.
- The fifth window will require you to click on the button saying Update start(s). This will then start the firmware update process.
- Once the firmware has been updated, please click the NEXT button to proceed. Please click the FINISH button to complete the installation.